Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm a frozen popcicle...

Dear people,

A big HOLA from Osorno! Yet another hilarious week in the Grand Mission Chile Osorno. We started off the week right.  WE were out in the street talking to people, about to pick up a member to go to an appointment when we received an urgent call from the Elders...that we had to run to the church that very instant.  Naturally, being the very obedient sisters that we are, we took off running in our giant rubber boots to the chapel.  After about five minutes...we made it.  We probably should´ve been a little more reverent as we flung open the door to the chapel because all twenty people that were seated in front of the casket looked over at these two out of shape gringas breathing really hard.  THe elders gave us the smile-with-really-wide-eyes look that seemed to say... ¨Hi, Hermanas...us four are in charge of a funeral right now.¨  I slowey and solemnly made my way over to the piano where I had to play the hymns and then make up a special musical number on the spot with another girl right after one of the Elders gave the eulogy of this man we had never even heard of. (blob, thank goodness I followed the law of practicing!)

It was a very strange thing we were called to do on the spot, but the funeral turned out really nice and everyone thanked us after.  I felt really good to be able to go to and help out in a funeral because I wasn´t able to make it to Bette´s.

Other than that, we are working really hard here in Rahue. The sector is just like my very first one, except we have (for some reason) an overabundance of incredible young men who are all preparing to serve missions.  They are just the force of this ward and I´m excited to see what they´ll do in their lives.  Investigator-wise, we´re getting there...we have faith that if we do what we´re supposed to and stay worthy of the Spirit, God will lead us to those who are chosen, ready, and willing (and hopefully married!)

Shout outs go to SBLOOD! Baby sblood is on the way and I just DIED! Congrats my friend! Blob, congrats on a great talk...you WOULD use puns in a sacrament meeting talk...Dad and SOph...PHILMONT! How fun was that? I wish I could go camping! (Oh wait, it´s how I live all day, every day :) ). Mom, don´t get dizzy reading this.

Me and the Kellster were just talking about how blessed we are to have the families that we do.  MOm and dad, a public shout out of gratitiude goes to you.  The gospel of Jesus Chirst makes everything so much richer and happier and more wonderful and more meaningful.  Thank you for teaching me and more importantly, thank you for being examples for me....most people in the world don´t have it, and I don´t deserve it.  Love you both.
I really do love the work and feel incredibly grateful to have this mantle at this time in my life. I´ve seen many people changed as a result of God´s hands...it´s beautiful. The mission is a gift. LOVE YOU ALL.

Hermana (¨I´m a wet, frozen, popsicle 16 hours a day because the other 8 I´m sleeping¨) Bourne

No comments:

Post a Comment