Monday, September 6, 2010


Family, Friends, H Dawg,

 First of all a shout out to H Dawg Holland! Send me the invite...CONGRATS.  .  

I didn´t really even write about Vanessa´s baptism.  As you can see by the picture...she is a really small woman and our two ginormous gringa heads are eclipsing her.  This Sunday she was confirmed and gave a very appropriate, brief, and heartfelt testimony.  I was so grateful and amazed to see the changes she has made in her life (she comes from abuse, abandonment, prostitution, and every other incredibly horrible thing you can imagine).  Tambien, at the baptism (which we did in the Camino Real building) the daughter of Victoria (my very first baptism) Amanda got baptizzled.  I´m not going to lie....exceedingly special moment for me and her family as they endure to the end together.  The picture doesn´t show how excited we all were because NOBODY is paying attention...but that´s okay.  (Emmy! Where are your pictures?!)

The mission is just beautiful.  I had a hard time adjusting to Rahue Alto again right after bomb.comPunta Arenas.  But I really have grown to love the sector and the wonderful people.  Two weeks ago, we found a young family who asked us to come by and start teaching them.  Alex and Angela. They have prayed and received confirmations of the Spirit.  They told us they want to come to church and know that eventually they will be baptized.  For some reason we visited 7 inactives this week and 6 of them came back to church yesterday with really big smiles.  I was walking along with my compy just satisfied at all of the change I´ve seen in this sector.  I felt like we have really been able to do some good.  I¨m comfortable and really happy here....you all know what that means! Cambios are on Wednesday and I´m getting moved.  BAAAAAAAAH!  I´m getting moved into the countryside.  It´s like the Provo of Osorno.  The Zone is La Union and my sector is Radimadi. (rawdeemawdee, mom).  I´m finishing training for a gringa named Hermana Herbert and I´m just a little nervous.  She doesn´t speak Spanish yet.  Welp, that´s where a lot of prayer is going to kick in.!

Nah, I´m good. I have faith because everything that has happened out here as been directed by the hand of God and I know something beautiful is waiting for me amidst the cowpies and even-more-rabid dogs. 

Speaking of GIANT SLUGS last night.  We were calling the DL and giving him the weeks numbers, when, all of a sudden, Elder Carrizo heard a blood curdling scream on the line.  I went over to heat up some water to make us our nightly cup of ECCO (coffee made from wheat...totally WOW approved...but I¨m still addicted...see picture) when I saw a slug as long as my hand.  It was disgusting.  Luckily Whismeister knows Tai Kwon Do and totally killed that thing.  JK, she picked it up and threw it out our door.  I think it was half snake.  Luckily, it only left a giant schmear of goo on the wall and a quickened heartbeat in my chest.  I think that thing has been lurking for two cambios by our sink.

Well, fam, I love you all.  I blink and the majority of my mission is gone...it just gives me nausea.  Katie, turn in your papers and I¨LL serve your mission for you!  Deal? Deal!  It´s the happiest, hardest, best thing in the entire world.  There are so many adventures to be had....like two nights ago Vanessa asked me to translate Michael Jackson´s ¨Beat It¨ into Spanish...or how we have to light the gas heater on fire to take a shower and sometimes there are fireballs...or how some people answer the door naked (we need some new investigators :))...or how my whole life gets changed every six weeks...or how some people call us the devil....it´s the best.  I LOVE the mission and I love you all!  Be good!
Hermana Bourne
 

No comments:

Post a Comment