Thursday, December 24, 2009



Padres and bloggers:
Familia, I´m already calling you tonight but I just want to write to say...see you in a few hours BRAU! I´m glad Christmas is commencing without me back in the states. The Chileans really don´t do ANYTHING for la Navidad and it´s really, really sunny and hot so Christmas hasn´t been on the mind at all until a few days ago when we sang in the main plaza in Osorno a bunch of hymns. A crowd of 200 people gathered and I saw a bunch of people from Camino Real--My heart just burst open with absolute LOVE for these people. I met a man from Spain who followed us to the chapel after we sang and he´s searching for something more in his life. He said, ïf it´s possible, I´d really like to go to your church on Sunday.¨ I´m sure we can pencil him in... We walked around our neighborhood all day yesterday and sang carols to people and some people even entered a few houses and met some really great new people! Singing with the Salvedorenians is always a hilarious experience because they are completely tone deaf and have no shame...it´s a combination for the Spirit :). 
PS Hal Waldo, I love you more than you know. I´ll be praying for you as you go back to Guatemala and baptise that girl you taught. The joy at seeing people you taught choose to get baptise is indescribable. I saw a girl we found and taught in Camino Real at the choir in Osorno and she has a FECHA! She´s getting dunked in January...JOY.
I don´t know what else to say. What the congrats to Brooke Wagstaff and CJ Miller!!!! That was something I didn´t know about until today! CONGRATS YOU TWO! We always knew you´d get married. Bwah ha ha! Thank you to EVERYONE who sent letters, emails, and packages. Family, you are the best. I love you all more than anyone else on earth. Everyone else, I love you too. Thanks for your examples,thanks for your love, thanks for your testimonies. It´s an immense privilege to be here in Chile serving. I love the Savior, I love to study His life, teachings, plan, sacrifice, qualities...everything. Jesus Christ and His atonement are everything. I fall into bed every single night here completely exhausted, but full of love and joy for the Savior and for the people here and for all of you. There is joy in the gospel, wickedness never was happiness, we are here to experience joy and progression. Simple. Merry Christmas everyone...love you all.
Hna. Bourne

No comments:

Post a Comment