Saturday, January 2, 2010

Letter to "President"...the desires of my heart...


Most excitingly, we met with our zone today…it´s going to be great! Elder Merrell and Elder Poujoul took the zone into the nearest ¨forest¨, and there, we each had some alone time to pray and think about what we will offer the Lord this cambio and offer up the desires of our hearts for this cambio. Unbeknownst to the zone leaders (I think), your darling wife already challenged our companionship to do just that…to offer up our wills to that of the Lord. I´ve really been trying to do that…to seek the will of the Lord in everything we´re doing and change my heart, my thoughts, and my actions to be in accordance to that with which the Savior would think and do. We each went off alone (within seeing and hearing distance, of course) and offered up the desires of our hearts for the cambio and our offering or sacrifice to the Lord. President, I really desire to offer up my heart to the Lord. It´s more than an offering for this cambio. I want the Lord to have my heart for the rest of my mission and then for the rest of my life…that´s what I´m going to try to develop for 2010 and the rest of my life. The desires of my heart are for a few very special investigators. I really want to baptize Vicky this cambio after she finds out where she´ll go to school. Juanito and David DESIRE a baptism…Juanito defended the Book of Mormon and the church to a friend…they are incredible and we have the support of the bishop, so we put them with fecha in 6 Feb. I love Helaman 3:35 when it says they yielded their hearts to God. I really desire that and I´m so grateful to your wife for inspiring this train of thought.

But best of all IT HAPPENED! After pondering what my offering would be and what the desires of my heart were for about 15 minutes, I knelt down to pray. The first words out of my mouth were ¨Amo a los Chilenos¨ and I meant it. Love for this country and it´s people just flooded my little heart. I know that I will develop and cultivate this love for many months and years to come but I genuinely feel that God loves these people because they are His children and I have been called to carry this love to them. It was wonderful president. Yeah, there are hard or boring or super awkward times on the mission, but this little love that I feel makes it all wonderful. I wouldn´t be anywhere else if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment