A big happy birthday to Mikey this week! 26...you old dad!
The subject line of mom´s last email intrigued me. ¨WHERE ARE YOU!?¨ Very good question, mom. The answer (along with all the other answers to life) can be found in the scriptures. Everyone turn with me to 3 Nephi 27:20. Therein lies the answer. Another clue…my bishop takes groups of rich tourists to Antarctica daily. Dudes, look as far south as you can go and just laugh. I´m in Punta Arenas…declaring repentence to all the ends of the earth. It is the most special place on earth..I can´t even describe it. I took a two hour bus ride and a two hour flight to get down here.
It looks a little bit like Utah, but there´s the ocean in our backyard. It´s really dry and I thought I had experienced what it really meant to be cold until I got here. THe wind is exceedingly incredible. In the main plaza are ropes set up so people can hold onto them while walking, the wind is that bad. It´s like we´re in a movie..there´s an eerie silence settled over all of Punta Arenas and it´s like I¨m not really here. There´s a hole in the ozone layer and we´re going to see the penguins next week.
Oh yeah, Punta arenas is known as the place where you fall down all the time. I fell down for the second time on my mission as I was walking out of church this Sunday....that´s one way to make a good impression on your ward (it was the sprawling type of fall)...bless my heart My area is called Ovejero. My last area was Ovejeria. Oveja in Spanish means sheep. I LOVE this theme. We feel like we head out every day to search for those sheep that have wandered away or are lost. I´m here at least until june or july...so until then, you´ll know where I am. I´m with Hermana McClellan from California...my first gringa. At first, I was a little nervous to be with someone who speaks English and has the same culture and all that jazz, but she´s absolutely fabulous and these next two cambios will be just wonderful! We have a fountain of wonderful investigators and ward members and my sector is like as big as Holladay (gigantic in mission terms). I feel like I´m living in America. THe standard of living down here is unusually high. We always have hot water and light and heat in the house!
Something special happened. When we got to the church after flying in, a huge, new Elder ran out to greet us. I looked at his name and low and behold it was Elder LeBaron. BLob, this is a sign that you must write me a letter. Im with your second cousin from Arizon..what more do you want?! AND he totally looks like you...its creepy
Family, I love you all. I´m so happy to hear about the births, the dating, the experiences...all of it. Enjoy every day of your life. Love and serve people every day of your life. Read the Book of MOrmon every day of your life and pray sincerely every day of your life. To everyone else, the same. Letters will be far and few between the next 5 months (i AM at the bottom of the earth) but I still would love to receive emails from you guys) THanks Brookie and Tiff- I love you both. Have a great week! Hna Bourne Mom and Dad, You all sound so great! Can you believe I´m here?! I just died laughing. President is so funny. He was dropping us of in Ovejeria in his car before we even knew about transfers and I was talking about how much I loved Ovejeria and as I was getting out of the car, he says, Hermana Bourne...pack your bags...20 kilos.¨ Then he drove away. He just left me on the corner laughing and knowing that I´d come down here because we can only bring 20 kilos worth of stuff down here. I knew dad would just love telling people where his daughter is... Let Bette and BUbba know I love them and thank them for their email. They are such great grandparents! I don´t know.
Me and the fattest baby in the world....
Juanito and David- my two little cuties whose mom drinks heavily.... They're getting baptized next month in Osorno!
Not much to report this week because I´m still getting used to my surroundings. I feel like I¨m going to hit my stride in this area. Please just pray for me and keep the good emails and encouragement coming. I love you both so much and hope you´re all well. Freak, I only have a year left...I can´t believe it...it´s nothing. Send James my congrats! Katie my love and SOphie a huge hug and a kiss from me. Oh yeah, I´m not allowed to watch videos, so as tempting as it was to open it....I deleted it. Pictures will be just awesome! I love you all! Dad, I might start to spend a little money down here because I´m with a gringa and not embarrased to spend a little AND I need to buy warm stuff...I´m going to be a popsicle down here. Love you and thanks for everything!



No comments:
Post a Comment