'DEATH IS NOT EXTINGUISHING THE LIGHT, BUT PUTTING OUT THE LAMP- BECAUSE THE DAWN HAS COME...
What an absolute blessing to have had Bette as my grandmother. I have innumberable happy experiences with her that I will cherish the rest of my life and her incredible influence is manifest in the life of my mother, my life, and hopefully the lives of my children. It is a blessing to have had her as a huge part of my life and another blessing to know exactly where she is. I love you Bette, Bubba and the rest of the family.
Mom, I´m just glad that you have a testimony and knowledge of the Savior Jesus Christ. What a powerful thing- this knowledge. I´m sure everyone around is consoling and loving and helping, but just know that I´m thinking about you and praying for you by name- that you can retain this confidence, faith, and hope. It says in Moroni 7 that the great hope of our lives is that through the atonement of Jesus Christ and the power of His resurrection that we will be raised to life eternal. THAT is our hope. THAT is my greatest hope for myself and for our family. THAT is the eternal truth that I will hold on to the rest of my life.
Mom, I love you and know that if you bear patiently and with faith the hard things and times that are sure to come, God will strengthen and bless you. In Mosiah 24, Ammulon has Alma and his people in captivity. They are forbidden to pray and their affliction grows too great. God promises to help them. Though their burdens are not taken away, they ARE aliviated so that the people can not feel them upon their backs and I think that their backs were strengthened as well. I love that story and know its a true principle.
Love you all and wish I were there to help during this difficult time, but we all know where Bette is. Like that guy in general conference said....¨Does anyone have a problem with the plan of salvation?¨ Because I don´t. Not one bit. Love you all.
Em
OUR FAMILY...Forever, for always and no matter what....

No comments:
Post a Comment