Monday, August 16, 2010


Hi family and blogstalkers!
This week was all work, all sun, NO rain!  HOLY SHRAPNEL!  Beautiful, beautiful, brautiful!  We are (as a zone) all about to get on a bus to go to entrelagos (beautiful country with lakes and shrapnel)...we planned this paseo all week because down here in the dead of winter it felt like spring in Utah for one whole week...not a cloud in the sky.  And guess what it´s doing right now? raining cats and dogs.  But thats okay because the gospel is still true!
 
Shout outs go to TEEF and BLOB and my FAM for remembering.  Love you all! Thank you.
 
I guess the only thing I want to share this week is that I finished the Book of Mormon again.  I did it in English this time.  It was a challenge that prez gave us 8 weeks ago to read the Book of Momron in 8 weeks...he gave it to the whole mission.  As I finished up, I felt so grateful for the opportunity to read this marvelous book again.  It really contains the ANSWERS and if we would only REALLY read from it more frequently, we could solve a whole lot more problems.  I did the classic kneeling prayer to ask if these things were true and didn´t feel anything.  I went through the qualifications in my mind....okay...with real intent...check! I really want to know because my increased testimony would help my investigators.  With a sincere heart? Check! I love God and know He will answer.. Faith in Christ?  THAT was when it all changed. Something unexpected happened.  I was lead to think, I mean REALLY think of my Savior and what He did for me and what He is still doing for me.  Something inside just welled up inside of me and I felt like Nephi when he cried ¨O wretched man that I am¨.  I was just filled with this godly sorrow for everything stupid, or mean, or lame that I do.  I won´t go into details, but I proceeded to sincerely repent for like 15 minutes.  After this happened, I reflected on the experience.  Wasn´t I suuposed to have received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true?  Why did I feel that, then? 
 
As I pondered,  I was lead to profound gratitude for this experience.  There is no question that this book is the word of God...because it lead me to ACT...and more than that it lead me to act upon my faith in Christ and to trust in HIS merits and HIS mercy and HIS atonement.  I really believe that everything that that book says is real and good and true and that we really SHOULD repent and come unto God because that´s what every page of that book says.  I see and feel the fruits of that book and because I know that the fruits are good and godly, I know that the book is.  I will look on that experience as a very special and sacred thing for the rest of my life.
 
On a lighter note...I think I found my new favorite scripture.  Can´t remember where it is in Mormon, but he says that MORON did that which was wicked in the sight of the Lord.  I thought it was funny.  That´s what you get for being a sister missionary.
 
Fam, friends...I love you all.  Sorry I don´t write that much or that often, but I just like it too much down here...and anyways, I´ll see you all soon enough.  Just do what is right and PRAY, STUDY your scriptures, and GO TO CHURCH (and serve others and go to the temple) and YOU WILL BE HAPPY!  Love you all.
 
Hermana Bourne
 

No comments:

Post a Comment