Monday, August 9, 2010

I haven´t written a good ole´ fashion letter to just the fam in a really long time. 


 

Dad, thank you for everything.  I love seeing worthy priesthood holders.  The one´s down here are far and few between, but they give their lives to God.  I can think of 3 Chilean men that I admire more than almost anything.  And then I think of you and what you do and you are at the top of that list.  Thank you for repenting and giving your  life to God.  I don´t know if any of us will understand the ramifications of your personal decision to follow the Savior.  It is the greatest thing you could´ve done for yourself and for us, and you undisputedly did that right (I know you´ll debate over the whole privileges slash responsibilities jazz your whole life). Grandpa Hal, I´m putting you right on the list too of absolutely phenominal priesthood holders.  You and Grandma are the two best things that have ever happened to the family.  Thank you for your prayers, concern, love, and years and years and years of just putting up with us! I LOVE YOU. Your examples do NOT go unnoticed.



Mom, Could you and Haven look any cuter?  YOU get the Holy Shrapnel of the week.  It sounds like this summer has been kind of a ¨whirling around the head¨ type of summer.  I hope you know I´ve been praying for you a lot.  Our last zone conference we spoke a lot about change.  It´s inevitable and unavoidable...it will come...and most times, it will hurt.  But I was thinking as I was looking at that picture of you and Haven all the changes that have taken place this year. Weddings, missions, testimonies, baby, progression, weight loss (seriously, you and dad look awesome!), weight gain (Sophie looks awesome too!), deaths.  Life truly is the grand university where we come to learn...where we come to fall, where we come to overcome.  I read a talk by Elder Wirthlin about living in thanksgiving daily.  I thought back to when I read that talk for the very first time and how that combined with your grattitude journal inspired me to make my own.  That was the turning point in my life.  I am truly happy, I am truly grateful.  WRite down the things you are grateful for.  Mom, you are the best mom I could ever imagine. (not to mention the prettiest)...and YES I am using all the product you sent me...I look female today!






Mikey, Ashley and Havey, You two have officially created the world´s most attractive baby! (That´s what you get when you have the world´s most attractive parents (and by default the world´s most attractive grandparents, right?)).  MIkey, I think you start year 2 of med school.. I always tell elders and comps about you two and how you are both so incredible.  It makes me happy to know that you two are doing everything right.  AAAASHLEY...I´m not going to lie, I did the david dance and thought of you.  


James, YOU WOULD!  You look so happy and free skydiving.  Sophie is next! Isn´t it the most incredible feeling of freedom, fear, and happiness? I´m so proud of you for doing that.  How the heck are you? Did I tell you that your letter really helped me a few weeks ago?  Never forget the lessons you learned on your mission!  Keep working and doing what is right.  It sounds like you are just becoming the world´s biggest stud...I´ve had to stop showing pictures of you to sisters and Chileans because they are all falling in love with you.



Katie, GO ON A MISSION.  Well, first, go skydiving and THEN go on a mission.. Oh wait, you already went skydiving?  HMMMM!!! Your pictures look awesome.  What the shrapnel are you wearing?  The fun part is if you turn in papers in December and get your call, you can go to Lizzie and Jessie´s sealings for me!  Mom said they were all worried about me not being there, but seriously!  Dont´ put off temple blessings for anything!  I´m so happy for Liz and Jess...what babes.
I have an assignment for you today...read your JRu journal, remember how you felt and why you felt that way and then put into practice what you were doing there. Love you. ps you have a birthday present coming in the mail....best. thing.ever.



Sophie girl! Out of everyone.  I miss you.  SERIOUSLY.  I have three pictures of you in my scriptures and I almost can´t look at them anymore cause I´m just dying without you.  Sophie, keep being good.  I expect you to be the kindest, smartest, singingest 10 year old on the planet when I get home. (you have a present coming in the mail too!)

Overall family, I´m just happy.  Me and the Whismeister were chatting yesterday.  We experience life´s biggest dissapointments out here...people let us down minutely.  But through it all, we are happy.  More than that, we are joyfull.  When I was in Camino Real, I remember at 7 pm every day it didn´t matter WHAT we were doing or where we were or how hard it was raining because a wave of delerious happiness would come over me.  This week, it started up again.  Beautiful sunny day with people progressing and all that incredible jazz.  We knocked a door of a bitter, hardened, and kind of evil lady who yelled obscenities and horrible things at us and then asked us what the last miracle we performed was. I testified that I had experienced a change of heart through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ and that was the greatest miracle I could hope to have.  The wave of joy and delerious happiness flooded over me as she continued to yell at us.  I told her it was a pleasure to meet her and that she would always be invited to listen to missionaries.  Then I sincerely felt the desire as I prayed in my heart that God would give this little old lady the chance to hear the Gospel again, maybe in a different way or at a different time.. It was beautiful. 

I love this and I love you all.

Love em.


No comments:

Post a Comment