I´m NOT home yet people. Man, you are trunky. I am thoroughly enjoying to the end. What a blessing to be in the service of God. I love to get doors slammed in my face and people ignoring me in the street like I don´t exist, I love eating horendous amounts of food and getting bitten by dogs, I love walking day after day after day after day after day just trying to feel that one whisper of the Spirit, and I love seeing people take those microscopic steps that lead them to the waters of baptism. We had three investigators show up at church happy as clams...there was a combination of reverence and appropriate testimony bearing that is a thing of beauty to be rivaled with. WHAT. A. BLESSING.
Grandma Cynthia and mom, THANK YOU for the hilariously wonderful packages...they made me and the compi´s day!
We have DIED of heat stroke this week. For the first time this century, the sun appeared in Aysen. We are really close to a giant hole in the ozone and so the sun is really strong here. It was so unbearable that we´ve been praying for clouds...today we are back to the beautiful downpour that makes our sunburns sizzle.
I saw two Chilean equivalents this week. One. James Bourne, we are teaching you and you come to church and the activities and all the little young Chilean women in the ward want to visit you with us. You are guileless and know that a valid baptism means a big change in your life. Your name is Luis and you are just so innocent and wonderful it´s a joy to teach you the gospel. Second. Tiffany Andrews. I didn´t know you spoke Spanish nor had two children. We contacted you in the street and you were so happy to talk to us. I looked down at your flip-flopped clad feet and saw ten teeny, tiny, stubby toes and smiled. I love you!
Lizzie, ah my love you are betrothed to be marriaged this week. Wow, I´m thinking about you tomorrow and Wednesday. Clarky, way to go! You are both so wonderful and I´m happy to have you as my aunt and uncle! Jess and Pete, same to you!
A big congrats to H Dawg Holland....got some pictures of your wedding and you look absolutely wonderful and stunning! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for eternal marriage. Way to go everyone.
We´re just trucking along here in Aysen.
I am still the happiest person on earth.
I love being a missionary.
Kathy Jones, get like 90 hours ready for me. we are going to sit and talk in English, Russian and Spanish. Beckra, bring the chopsticks. I love you both.
I´m going to be REALLY weird....
Hermana Bourne
Hi fam. Still alive down here. I´ll send incredible pictures next week of our outing to all of these waterfalls and lakes we went to today.

No comments:
Post a Comment