I think I am the happiest person on earth. Sorry everyone else. Me and the Chilean comp are buckling down, focusing our unmakeuped eyes on the work and glory of God, letting our uncolored, unstyled hair fly, walking our gross, caloused feet to the bone and WORKING! That sounded really gross. I seriously hope I´m not as bad as I describe. I´ve attached my most recent photo to this blog so you can all get an idea...:)
People, Merry Christmas. My favorite part was going to the local old folks home and singing Christmas carols to the ancianos. The blind one clapped all through ¨Silent Night¨ and the deaf one talked through ¨Angels we have Heard on High¨. The tiny little grandma with crippled hands said she wanted to knit me a pair of socks and I can come get them on Friday. They are such wonderful children of God. ON Christmas day, HEavenly Father put us in the path of Ana...A little old lady with flaming red hair that lives alone because her daughter died 4 years ago. She lives in a one room house with a broken wood stove in a mudfield. We sang Christmas carols and taught her about the Savior and gave her pictures of Christ (I´m pretty sure it was her only Christmas present) She expressed her desires to follow Christ and commited to be baptized 22nd of Enero. It was so wonderful.
I feel joy in serving Heavenly Father and His children. It is THE greatest blessing of my life and sometimes I just can´t contain the gratitude I feel. I feel like everything is so clear. It´s like Elder Uchtdorfs talk in Conference about slowing down and focusing on the basics. That´s the only stuff I focus on out here and it really brings JOY.
Big Congrats go out to ALEXIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way Paul. What a wonderful couple....I love freshman year. Tambien....HILARY HDAWG congrats on your matrimony tomorrow. I went to Coyhaique and the elders had this gigantic envelope and I walked in and said ¨who the heck is that for!?¨ (but in spanish obviously) I was exceedingly pleased to discover it was for me and even more pleased to find out that you are getting marriaged tomorrow! AHHHH. yay. And luz and jess....I love you both. Make sure you take lots of pictures with my creepy mannequin.
What else? Really great to talk to you fam. You all sound wonderful and it was nice to hear your voices. I really don´t have much to say because I´d rather be working. It sounds like you all have my future pretty well planned out and I´m super happy about that. YOU all can worry about my future...I´m going to be thrusting in my sickel. I LOVE YOU ALL. Grandpa Hal...good luck in that toe and vein pageant...I´m rooting for you!
Hermana Bourne

No comments:
Post a Comment